Learning about food, photography, and writing. Sharing what I find.

˜˜˜

Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Very Hipster Anniversary

Merry Christmas!
Happy New Year!
Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day!
Happy Anniversary to us!
(did I miss anything?)

Hope your holidays were grand. Here's just a little taste of ours...

My husband's hands kneading the dough for his family's famous Cinnamon Bread.


A post-Christmas standing rib roast cooked to medium-rare perfection by my father-in-law.


We also had a Thanksgiving Retake (my family's full Thanksgiving meal remade by my Dad – et al –for all the daughters who weren't able to be at the original feast). We're spoiled. And I forgot to take out my camera. Just imagine the gravy...

Now, we're back in London and celebrating 4 years of marriage! With wedded-bliss as our excuse, we finally got our butts down to the Maltby Street Market and Borough Market today and my stomach and pantry are very happy. I like the way hipsters live (and eat):

Monmouth Coffee (aka Hipster Heaven)



Maltby Street Market . . . The Shoes


. . . The Sinks


. . . The Citrus


. . . The Radiators (?!)



. . . and Kernel Brewery! (Delicious for breakfast, I would say.)


Borough Market . . .



. . . Bread and Husband. Mmmmmmmm


. . . Cracklin' Pork Belly and Applesauce Baguette!! (by Roast)

 (I'm still reveling in the glory of this sandwich. Great textures and tastes!)

. . . The View.


Pretty Starbucks :)


Our Spoils . . . The Beer.


. . . The Bleu.


. . . The Bread.


. . . The Beauty.





No comments:

Post a Comment